Former Toronto Mayor, Rob Ford Leaves Hospital After Cancer Surgery

Rob Ford, former Toronto mayor and current city councillor, was discharged from a local hospital on Tuesday, two weeks after surgery to remove a cancerous tumour in his abdomen at Mount Sinai Hospital.

Just an hour after he was discharged, a smiling and thinner Ford appeared at city hall and spoke to reporters; "For the first 10 days, I was just basically crying like a baby." He said. "It was so painful. I couldn't get up, I couldn't do anything."


"The cancer journey has been an eye-opening experience and I wouldn't want anybody to go through what I went through, but hope people can learn from what I have gone through," he said. 

Ford added that he has donated his tumour to research and expects to fully recover in 4 months.

Get well soon Mr Ford!

Comments