Pregnant Nurse Ruptures Her Uterus, Finds Out She Had TWO


31 year old nursery nurse, Jodi Stones,was just weeks away from giving birth to her first child when her world was turned upside down.

At 33 weeks pregnant , she started getting bad stomach pains and collapsed at her home.

Doctors discovered Jodi's uterus had ruptured and she was bleeding internally - but in a shocking twist, surgeons later discovered the reason her uterus had ruptured was because she had TWO--a very rare condition called Uterus Didelphys.

It was a race against time to save Jodi's life after safely delivering her premature son Cooper who weighed just 1500g.

"I had lost that much blood and they could not stop the ruptures, as fast as they were repairing one another was coming. I had a lot of blood transfusions that night, I think after 45 minutes they managed to stop the bleeding but I had a lot of blood transfusions.

"If it was not for those blood transfusions I would not be here today to be a mummy to my wee boy."

Now, almost three years after the terrifying ordeal on January 9, 2013, Jodi is back on her feet and little Cooper is looking forward to celebrating his third birthday with his parents in the new year.

Jodi said she wanted to share her experience to encourage others to donate blood.

"I had never given much thought to it, you think things like that won't happen to you and you go about your daily life but they really do and if it wasn't for those people who donated their blood I would not be here today. I am just so grateful to them," she said.



Comments