Hospital Stories

A Nairalander wrote about his experience in National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu and it sounds like a scene from a Nollywood movie. Read his account below:

 "I had a bitter experience when I took my aged mum to Enugu orthopaedic. My mum had been suffering from chronic arthritis, she cries most night, I just couldn't withstand that myself.

I have taken her to different places, no positive result, this time i decided to take her to Enugu orthopaedic,after all the runing around, we saw the doctor, after asking about the family financial background, which was nothing to write home about, he billed us N3million, warning us that the sooner the better or it could go beyond repair, my mum left angrily leaving some of her drugs behind, till today the moment I wake from sleep, N3 million keep echoing in my head.I don't know where else to take her to now,the amount has escalated her health. pls suggestion is welcome."

....N3 million to treat arthritis sounds pretty unreasonable. If only there were reliable channels to channel this sort of complaints for resolution.

Comments