Policmen rob doctor of N45000


A Lagos medical practitioner,  Dr Itan, has accused policemen from the Area M command of stealing N45,000 from him.
.
The victim, who works with a private hospital in the Iyana Ipaja area of the state, said he was returning from an emergency around 1am, accompanied by his wife, when he was stopped by a police team.
.
He said his explanations on where he was coming from was rebuffed by the men, who demanded N100,000 from him failing which he would be charged with robbery.
.

“They asked why I was wandering at that time of the night and I told them that I was a medical doctor and I had an emergency which I had to respond to. I showed them my identity card and complimentary cards. The policemen checked my vehicle documents and driving licence, which were complete. They said as a doctor I didn’t need to get myself embarrassed and that I could just settle them and leave. "
.
Itan said after being detained for about three hours, the policemen led his wife to the nearest Automated Teller Machine, where she was forced to withdraw N45,000 for them.
.
Itan said the policemen advised him to always move in an ambulance whenever there was an emergency or in the alternative he should tell his hospital to write the area command.
.
Meanwhile, the state Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole, urged the doctor to approach the command for redress, saying the state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, would not condone such act.
.
#Alwayspromiseswithoutaction





Email: healththenmore@gmail.com
Click on any of these links to join us on:
BBM: C00300E5B
 Instagram: @healththenmore
Twitter: @healththenmore
YouTube Channel: Health Then More

Comments